Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Why I Chose the University of Pittsburgh
The program offers a great mix of academic surgery and community hospital experience. Full support for my academic interests in transplantation research, lots of opportunities to further develop these interests.
I enjoy spending my time off with my family. I also like to go for a trail run in Frick Park, or for dinner with friends in the good restaurants that Pittsburgh offers.
Education & Training
- 2006-2011 Erasmus University Rotterdam PhD program, Dept. of Liver and Transplant Surgery. Thesis: ‘Islet Xenotransplantation: Toward a Cure for Diabetes’, PhD, Cum Laude
- 23th Annual Graduate Summer Institute of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- 2005 Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA,
- 2004 University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology Course
- 2004 University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, Diabetes Module of the MPhil in Epidemiology
- 2003-2005 The Netherlands Institute For Health Sciences (NIHES), Rotterdam, Netherlands, MSc in Clinical Epidemiology
- 2001-2010 Erasmus University Rotterdam, School of Medicine, Rotterdam, Netherlands , MD
- 1995-2001 St-Laurenscollege, Rotterdam, Netherlands