Education & Training
- BS, American University of Beirut
- MD, American University of Beirut
- General Surgery Residency, University of Illinois College Of Medicine
- Vascular Surgery Fellowship, New York Presbyterian Hospital Cornell University, Weill Medical School/Columbia University College of Physician & Surgeons
- MS in Clinical Research, University of Pittsburgh
Dr. Chaer's publications can be reviewed through PubMed.
Research, Clinical, and/or Academic Interests
- Thrombolysis for acute DVT.
- Vena cava filters
- Pulmonary embolization
- Genetics of venous disease
- Predicting small AAA growth using serial Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound imaging and biomarker testing.
- Outcomes of AAA repair in patients on dialysis
- Surveillance following endovascular aneurysm repair