Education & Training
- BSc (Hons), Univ of Aberdeen, UK
- MSc (Immunology), Univ of Birmingham, UK
- PhD (Immunology), Univ of Aberdeen, UK
- DSc, Univ of Aberdeen, UK
- DSc (Med), Univ of Birmingham, UK
Dr. Thomson's publications can be reviewed through PubMed.
Research, Clinical, and/or Academic Interests
- Regulation of the immune response and design of immunosuppressive therapy; mechanism of action of immune suppressants; immune mechanisms in transplant rejection and autoimmune disease.
- Liver transplantation tolerance
- Cellular immunology, molecular biology and genetic engineering of dendritic cells with special regard to their tolerogenic properties.
- The roles of cytokines and adhesion molecules in inflammation and immunity.